Neck Pain and Headaches
Neck pain and headaches are common and they can be debilitating in our daily lives. They may present in a cyclical pattern or worsen suddenly. Treatment led by physiotherapists can enable you to function better and lose less time due to pain.
- Pain on one or both sides of the neck
- Limited range of motion
- Pain in the front, side or back of the head
- Pain may be throbbing, sharp/dull, continuous or intermittent
- Dizziness and/or nausea
- Pain with sitting, standing or walking
- Altered sensations referring into the arms
- Pain after sitting in front of a screen
- Neck joint stiffness
- Muscle spasm in the neck and shoulder, or jaw area
- Nerve impingement
- Disc herniation/ bulge
- Neck joint arthritis
- Tension headache
- Neck referral (cervicogenic) headache
Subjective assessment: We will ask you about the history of your current and past neck pain and headaches. We will inquire about its triggers, the aggravating and easing factors, your general health, what you do on a daily basis and what you would like to achieve with treatment.
Objective assessment: We will assess how your neck moves, look at your sitting and standing posture and overall postural strength. We may also look at the spine, jaw, shoulders and hips to see if they are contributing to your condition.
- Education regarding desk or work station set up
- Manual techniques that improve your range and quality of movement
- Muscle or other soft tissue releases
- Movement re-education or modifications
- Dry needling
- Home exercise program including stretching and strengthening exercises
From the moment we meet you, we are planning an individualised and holistic approach to help you reach your goal and be your best!
Rehabilitate, Educate, Innovate.
Providing excellence in physiotherapy from assessment to diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation