See below a diagram that might help you re-assess you’re home set up to prevent or relive such aches and pains.
Key Features of Correct Setup:
- Elbows above the desk, at right angles 90-110?.
- Shoulders relaxed and not hunched.
- Wrists in line with forearms.
- Hips, Knees, Ankles at 90? when seated.
- Feet flat on the ground or footrest. For prolonged standing consider a mat.
- Head upright with ears aligned with shoulders.
- Eyes looking at top of monitor or slightly below. Consider use of a laptop raiser with your laptop.
- Seat length should be long enough to support the thighs (approx. 5cm clearance between the front edge of the seat and the lower part of the legs).
- Backrest angled at 90-110? with adequate lumbar support for the lower back.
- Keyboard positioned flat and as close to the front edge of the desk as is comfortable. Mouse close to keyboard and gripped loosely.
Laptop used with a raiser, docked into a desktop computer with connecting keyboard and mouse.
We have also put together some workstation stretches to do frequently. Click here to download